This month’s issue examines HMRC’s latest tax change proposals, which may benefit landlords in 2017. If the changes are implemented, landlords will soon be able to work out their taxable profit using the cash basis. Meanwhile, the 2016/17 tax year is facing a lack of supply from key venture capital trusts as the main players cut their annual fundraising levels. Lastly, digital assets are becoming an increasingly prominent issue in the realm of inheritance tax planning.
- Cash basis rules for landlords
- The public accounts committee has been looking at tax reliefs
- Income tax and national insurance alignment – a further review
- The government relents on LISA exit penalty for first year
- Changes to the succession rules in Scotland